October Challenge Success & Winners
I know I’ve been MIA … I promise I will be back blogging more regularly sooner. I cannot apologize – I have been working very hard at my career, making choices that are authentic to me and for you all (that I can’t wait to share with you), and I have so much to share with you – what I’ve been loving lately (especially some things I won through blog giveaways I can’t wait to share with you, a protein discount code), updates on my career, updates on some choices I’ve made lately, and lots of awesomeness I have planned for all of you. Just wait… :D!
The #Sweatfor5 October Challenge I hosted was a COMPLETE success. I am so incredibly proud of each and every one of you that participated. YOU all inspire ME! You truly took the whole message I was working to send to heart. You knew that I was going to push your limits each and every day, but only for 5 minutes. My goal was to get you to learn that you can fit in those 5 minutes in very creative ways. I had one mom who was fitting it in at her daughter’s extra curricular activities, parents including their children, couples taking 5 minutes to be active together, and individuals who thought they couldn’t try all these new moves completely rocking them and finding that they actually LIKED them! How insanely cool is that!? There’s not much more motivating than someone becoming more confident in themselves, stronger, happier. The random winners were chosen by challenge loop, announced on the challenge page and emailed. I know it sounds cliché, but we all won – we all got sweaty, pushed ourselves out of our comfort zones and had a blast. I’m proud of each and every single one of you!
Here are a couple things challenge participants shared with me that inspired me & made me happy; hopefully they’ll do the same for you! I wanted to share pictures too but if I did this post would be a mile long. Go check out everyone rocking all the exercises and workouts on IG with the hashtag #electrafiarmy & #sweatfor5! I promise it’ll be super motivating and may just make you get up and bust out a quick five minute sweat!
Challenge Participants Thoughts About the Challenge!
- “I’ve learned that no matter how busy life gets, there’s always time to get out of my comfort zone, challenge myself and learn new things. Even 5 minutes a day makes a difference. Thanks SO much for this challenge, Electra!” –Marcia Kadens
- “These were totally new to me so thank you! Love learning new moves” –Marcia Kadens
- “I have learned that you can accomplish a lot in a few minutes. Not just in regards to exercise but also giving yourself that time. We all have so many distractions in our lives and this month has taught me to stop and regroup- even if it’s for 5 minutes. Thank you for this ! I was going to head to box of munchkins outside my office but instead when to an empty room with no windows and did the challenge! Turned up my music and went at it. The perfect fix to get me to the end of this workday. I’m all energized – thanks Electra” –Claudine Muccini
- “Challenges are so fun because of the variety. This challenge taught me that I can get a great workout in 5 minutes.” –Amy Caine
- “I definitely feel stronger since staring this challenge. I am new to this and came across the app by chance so this is actually my first challenge ever! Before I started this, I was really struggling with not having enough time to exercise. I have an infant at home, work at least full time, and have a 45min to an hour commute each way. My husband is a teacher and varsity basketball coach so his schedule is crazy too. When I saw this challenge I couldn’t think of anything more perfect for my life right now. I am excited to say I am much better at planking and my legs are feeling stronger too. I look forward everyday to seeing what is next. Thanks ElectraFi for helping me make even just a little bit of time each day to get my heart going!” –Stephanie Ogorek
- “I like the variety of the challenges and how they add to my daily run. I also enjoy reading about the accomplishments of the other people who are involved in this challenge . Plus, I have to admit that getting the email and finding out what’s in store for us today is exciting.” –Sherri L
- “Had soo much fun walking on my tip toes! Something so simple can be amazingly affective!” –Laura McManus
- “I spent today at the hospital. This time last year my husband was diagnosed with leukemia at 29 years old. He went through 3 rounds of chemo, radiation therapy, and a bone marrow transplant in April 2013. Today was his 6 month post transplant bone marrow biopsy, MRI, CT, echo, pulmonary function test, etc. He is likely going to be declared in remission:). While he overcame such a tremendous challenge through this year, today I reflected on how things like these 5 minute challenges ready us for the bigger challenges in life. Thank you Electra for encouraging and building strength/character in all of us!! Every little bit helps!!” –Laura McManus
- “My husband and I love doing these challenges together…I try and beat him, but never win haha…Thats okay though it makes me work harder!” –Courtney Milewski
- “Great job to every one rocking the challenge so far. You all seriously keep me accountable, THANK YOU. Happy Sunday :)” –Clare Kessler
- “I wanted to skip my workout so badly today, but everyone here inspired me to push through it. Great job, everyone!” –Alysia Sena
- “I wasn’t going to join challenges this month because I don’t want to put too much pressure on myself, but I can’t stay away from Electra’s workouts!” –Axel Kussmann
Here is a compilation of each day, in order from Day 1 to Day 31. I am going to be throwing some of these together into workout mash-ups soon for longer (still not long – probably somewhere between 10 & 30 minutes) workouts that you all can do for fun and strength and variety and all of the above! Feel free to mix and match these, or bust out a 5 minute sweat session on a day you can’t seem to fit in any movement. It’ll change your entire day – I promise!
Let’s get on rockin’ some of these exercises and workouts so we’ll not only break a sweat but a smile too!
I’d LOVE it if you’d join me here too so you don’t miss a thing…
- What are some of your tips for fitting in movement when you’re busy?
- What are some of your favorite versatile exercises?